Translate

Monday, January 17, 2022

K-Drama Confession

 I am humbly writing this as your friendly neighborhood blog owner...I have a pretty big confession about K-Dramas. Hoping some of you can relate, maybe some of you will think I am a disgrace to the K-Drama community. But... 

When watching a K-Drama by yourself... do you ever have a certain scene or character that you either just don't care about or you just really want to get back to the good parts? I'm sure everyone can relate to at least that part, right?

Well how about.... Skipping those parts? *hides under my desk* I know it sounds crazy because 'YOU'LL MISS IMPORTANT PARTS' but in my honest experience, I haven't missed anything really important by doing so. I have severe anxiety and get way too emotionally invested in dramas so much so I might need therapy for them.. So if there's a bad character and they're stressing me out or maybe I'm just overly anxious to figure out what happens with my favorite characters next, I skip in 10 second increments so I can get the gist of the situations but get back to parts I really need to see.

It sounds barbaric because obviously the drama has those scenes for a reason.. But for my own mental health and to keep the ability to watch K-Dramas without pulling out my hair, that's what I do. Now I don't do it for the whole drama. And also some dramas I don't even skip at all because I'm just invested in everyone included or maybe it's just not affecting me mentally. But some dramas I just have to click click click the skip 10 seconds past the scenes because I just can't sit the whole time and watch them lol 

Does anyone else relate to this or is this just me and my craziness? I would think not since the platforms give a 10 second skip option 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment