Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

30 Days of HAS Shanea: Day 1/30

Hey lovelies! 

Welcome to my new series:
"30 days of HAS Shanea" where I tell you some things about me that make you realize how weird and strangely awesome I am...

Orrrr... just how weird I am. 

Regardless of what it makes you think about me, this series digs deeper into our lives and lets you get to know us a little better. 

Day 1:

For my first day I wanted to reveal something about me that was kinda big. Like not just a small fact I wanted to start out with a bang and tell you about something that's been the biggest part of my life for around 5-6 years now. 

This would be the fact that I suffer from severe asthma. 



That may not seem so big, but let me dig a little deeper. 

I have spent more time sick in the past 5 years than I have healthy. There was a point in time where I almost lost myself and started to think "What's the point.. I'm fighting a losing battle. It keeps getting worse." and I did.. I kept getting worse. 

So much so that I actually suffered from acute pulminary failure at the young age of 20 December of 2015 and woke up in the hospital 3 days later without a clue of what went on. 




When I was in high school it got so bad to the point where I got kicked out of school because I spent 2 months in the hospital and a month out because I was stable enough to go home but not go to school.




I won't lie to you and say it's been easy. But I'm not going to sit here and demand your sympathy and cry about it either. Trust me, there's been enough tears spent on this subject. 






This is my life... or at least it was. I spent every weekend and even some weekdays in the hospital. I'd wake up at 4am every morning having a severe asthma attack and had to wake my mom up to take me to the ER. Many sleep deprived nights on all of us in the household during these times. Developed many good relationships with nurses and medical personnel and actually had good times while in the hospital. 

The last time I was actually admitted into the hospital was in November of 2016. This makes 3 months of me not being as sick as I was.. 3 months being able to actually live like a person should live. Because I'm on a new medicine. and it's WORKING! and also we found one of my triggers and it was so simple and so common that everyone probably has it in their households. 

But the reason I made this my first post is because I wanted to tell everyone my story. Many posts referenced my poor health but never really went into detail. My story (while sad at the time) is not a sad one. It's one of healing, staying strong, and hope and love above all things. I overcame it and came out even stronger. And I'm glad to say I'm doing just fine!








So thanks for reading lovelies! Remember there will be posts getting to know each of the HAS members for 30 days! So keep up! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment